We know the most effective response to homelessness is prevention
That means helping families before they lose their home, paired with long term support. It’s a proven solution for whole-family success.
United Way of Greater Cincinnati is supporting families who are at risk of losing their homes via the Stable Families Program and working with the community.
United Way of Greater Cincinnati’s Stable Families program works with community partners to identify families who are at risk of losing their homes. Through this proven solution, United Way of Greater Cincinnati ensures that families have:
- Necessary financial assistance that gives emergency resources to fulfill critical bills
- Specialized career coaching that creates opportunities to increase earnings
- Caring case managers work with families for 18 months to assess their housing situation to make sure that they are planning expenses to stay in their home and keep their kids in school
In 2018, United Way of Greater Cincinnati’s Stable Families helped 287 families avoid eviction and obtain affordable housing, which included 354 adults and their 703 children.
Through this help in 2018 both parents and children succeeded:
- 98% of children were able to avoid a disruptive move in school
- 92% of parents improved their education or workforce skills