Free Tax Preparation Program
United Way is committed to improving financial stability for individuals and families throughout our region. This includes helping hardworking people obtain free tax preparation and filing services and qualifying for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and other credits.
Have you missed the July 15th tax filing deadline? Still need help preparing and filing your return for 2019? Visit one of our tax sites and an IRS certified tax volunteer will prepare and e-file your return for free.
Owe taxes? We can give you information about how to apply for an Installment Agreement Payment Plan with the IRS.
Tax News & Updates
- August 7 | During a global pandemic, United Way of Greater Cincinnati assisted more than 8,000 individuals and families with preparing and filing their tax returns. In such an unprecedented and uncertain time, this is an essential service taxpayers rely on.
United Way helps taxpayers claim eligible credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit, which helps to maximize their refund during the 2020 tax season, Free Tax Prep and the MyFreeTaxes program, which yielded more than $12 million in refunds to individuals and families in our community and saved taxpayers over $2.2 million in filing fees.
- April 15 | Economic Impact Payments (stimulus checks) have started processing from the IRS. Visit irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments to learn more about eligibility.
- Eligible individuals with adjusted gross income up to $75,000 will receive $1,200 payment
- Eligible married couples filing a joint return with an adjusted gross income up to $150,000 will receive $2,400 payment
- Parents also get $500 for each eligible child under 17
- In order to receive, you will need to file your 2019 or 2018 tax return filed
- Social Security beneficiaries who are not typically required to file tax returns, payments will automatically be deposited into their account
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org