Free Tax Preparation Program
United Way is committed to improving financial stability for individuals and families throughout our region. This includes helping hardworking people obtain free tax preparation and filing services and qualifying for EITC and other credits.
There are a few sites that have reopened for the remainder of the tax season (through July 11, 2020) providing Drop-Off or Drive-Through tax preparation service. We are also still providing Virtual Tax Prep.
Tax News & Updates
The IRS tax filing and payment deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020.
Economic Impact Payments (stimulus checks) have started processing April 15 from the IRS. Visit irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments to learn more about eligibility.
- Eligible individuals with adjusted gross income up to $75,000 will receive $1,200 payment
- Eligible married couples filing a joint return with an adjusted gross income up to $150,000 will receive $2,400 payment
- Parents also get $500 for each eligible child under 17
- In order to receive, you will need to file your 2019 or 2018 tax return filed
- Social Security beneficiaries who are not typically required to file tax returns, payments will automatically be deposited into their account
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org