Free Tax Preparation Program
United Way is committed to improving financial stability for individuals and families throughout our region. This includes helping hardworking people obtain free tax preparation and filing services and qualifying for EITC and other credits.
Our free tax prep sites are closed for in-person service for the safety of our tax filers and tax preparers, and to protect our community from the spread of COVID-19, but we still have ways to help you file your taxes.
Tax News & Updates
The IRS tax filing and payment deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020.
Economic Impact Payments (stimulus checks) have started processing April 15 from the IRS. Visit irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments to learn more about eligibility.
- Eligible individuals with adjusted gross income up to $75,000 will receive $1,200 payment
- Eligible married couples filing a joint return with an adjusted gross income up to $150,000 will receive $2,400 payment
- Parents also get $500 for each eligible child under 17
- In order to receive, you will need to file your 2019 or 2018 tax return filed
- Social Security beneficiaries who are not typically required to file tax returns, payments will automatically be deposited into their account
Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com