In case you missed it, the United Way-themed documentary featuring local residents whose lives were upended during the pandemic is available to view.
The documentary, produced by the Newsy unit of Scripps and sponsored by Procter and Gamble, recently aired twice on WCPO and you can watch now below:
Other ways to watch:
- Thursday, November 12 at 7:30 PM on WCPO Channel 9
- 24/7 on the WCPO9 Livestream on devices like Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV.
The documentary features:
- A grandmother trying to replace lost income and keep her family financially stable.
- A construction worker who made $200 a day and now finds himself unemployed.
- A veteran trying to maintain consistent employment and meet basic needs.
- A grandmother worried about the pandemic’s effect on her grandchildren’s mental health and development.
The story talks of their changed lives and the social services agencies attempting to help them through this once-in-a-lifetime event. It shows United Way of Greater Cincinnati’s work for systemic change – work convening resources from many different sectors to strategically converge on ingrained community problems — is more important than ever.