These unprecedented times require an unprecedented response. United Way of Greater Cincinnati is leading a cross-sectional, regional relief effort designed to respond, recover and revitalize. We are meeting with the key players in our community’s response. Tracking need. Coordinating relief efforts. Filling gaps.
This global crisis is changing lives right in our own backyards. Some in our community – our family, friends and neighbors – will be disproportionately affected by this pandemic.
How can you support?
This is a long-term effort. Thank you to all who have supported us and helped their neighbors. To those who still want to make a difference in this crisis, there is still time.
- GIVE |
Online or via check to payable “United Way of Greater Cincinnati” and mail to United Way of Greater Cincinnati, 2400 Reading Road, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- VOLUNTEER | Visit uwgc.org/volunteer to view current opportunities or share your skills/resources.
- ADVOCATE | Tell people in need of assistance to contact United Way of Greater Cincinnati’s 211 Contact Center by calling 211. Our team is working around the clock to help those most in need of critical resources.
UWGC EASTERN AREA OFFICE UPDATES
John Johnston | Jan 08, 2021
Information about work being done on behalf of people affected by COVID-19; books for children; the United Way annual campaign; and more.
Highlights of recent efforts by United Way of Greater Cincinnati's Eastern Area Office:
- The office continues to coordinate with Clermont County Emergency Management Agency around COVID-19 to provide resources to quarantined individuals and families.
- The office continues to provide access to food resources and other basic needs through pop-up pantries in collaboration with Interparish Ministries and local faith-based organizations to serve those in need. The latest efforts include pop-up pantries at housing units across Clermont County.
- The office is working with James Saul Homeless Shelter and YWCA House of Peace to provide food and other basic-needs items to families displaced into hotels during the pandemic.
- Clermont County Ohio Governor's Imagination Library provided more than 15,000 books to 4,000 children ages 0-5 in Clermont County since the program was implemented in July of 2020.
- Eastern Area donors and engaged companies have exceeded the United Way annual campaign goal by more than $100,000!
- Stay tuned for more details about the Free Tax Preparation program in Eastern Area, including sites and accessibility.