Champion a cause. Reach out. Speak up. Anyone can be an advocate to advance the common good.
Whether telling a neighbor about a new United Way effort, reaching out to a member of Congress, or simply wearing a LIVE UNITED shirt, you can help inspire hope and create opportunities for a better tomorrow.
1. Tell your friends about United Way and what we do.
2. Get informed. Make it a point to learn about and discuss local issues with friends and family, then decide how you'll get involved.
3. If you're passionate about education, income and health issues in our community, make some noise. Write a letter to the editor or comment on a local blog.
4. Wear the shirt. Your LIVE UNITED shirt that is.
5. Send an e-mail or make a call to your elected officials. Check out our Public Policy Advocacy.
6. Book a United Way speaker for your workplace or social club. They'll share examples of how United Way is advancing the common good for people in our communities.
7. Tell someone who may need it about the services provided by United Way 211.
8. Link to our Web site or add us on your Facebook page.
9. Volunteer for United Way. We're always looking for folks to serve on one of several committees that guide our work. Contact us.
10. Connect. Join a neighborhood association or simply introduce yourself to a neighbor you haven't met.
Check out our Public Policy Advocacy page to see how United Way works in partnership with federal, state and local governments to develop effective health and human service delivery systems throughout our region.